Sunday, May 27, 2012

A New Beginning

Tagging from Paris, France
I have been been going back and forth on the idea of creating a blog for some time. Three years ago I started one as a professional portfolio. It served its purpose, but rapidly fell into disuse because a) I was too busy to keep on making updates, b) I was too concerned with constantly changing the appearance and c) self hosting a WordPress blog is great, but there is a lot of upkeep involved that was taking away from my creative process.

I actually started using Blogger back in 2000 around the time when it came out, but was turned off by it's appearance and also with the whole concept of blogging. Back then I was aware that I had nothing to say. To be more explicit: I had nothing worth sharing that other people could learn from. And now, to some degree, I feel that I have a few words that I feel others are interested in sharing as well as creating a forum for discussion.

Regarding the appearance, I like how the new Blogger allows you to keep the page bascially dynamic: the user gets to control the look and feel of the site as well as have a mobile option to read things.

Upon starting this blog, today, I am hoping that there will be a few interested readers along the way, but I'm more doing it to help me with my writing and to get some thoughts I've had out into the ether. Through this blog, I'm going to cover the intersecting subjects of technology, art and society. These three elements compose a cultural triangle in every community; each affects the other in a unique way.

Looking forward to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment